Thursday, October 06, 2005

Still alive, pics soon come

Hi folks!

It's been a bit since I've updated this. I have some great pictures to put up with stories but am having some technical difficulties. As we say in Jamaica, Soon Come!

Things here in MoBay are moving along now. I visited a community outside the city today that has had a problem with groundwater welling up through the soak pits the residents drain all their wastewater to. The result is that raw sewage has been spilling over into their yards and streets and even cutting its own poo trenches. Facinating field I'm in, no? And yesterday I got to tour MoBay's central sewage treatment plant. So to summarize my life in Jamaica now... nothing but shits and giggles.

I added some links other blogs. Just my cool friends who are serving in the Peace Corps all over the world right now. Thanks for the inspiration from your page, Ellen. Shout outs to Jenni, Steve, Ellen, Jesse, Essa, Casey, Tasha, Jill (who is wandering the mountains of Paraguay), Bryan, and Adam aka insert-4-syllables-here. Remember goal 3 of the Peace Corps mission, and keep it coming.

Peace from Jamaica,
D-roo

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

show us more Dreds mon.... and de beaches......but no poo....
sparticus

Tue Oct 11, 08:23:00 AM  
Blogger Essa said...

Hola Drew -
Glad to hear things are going well in Jamaica...I'm glad you posted everyones blog on yours, I was wondering how the MI peeps were doing.
Keep in touch,
Essa

Mon Oct 24, 01:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

D-rew! How are you doing? Did you survive Wilma!?? Anxiously waiting to hear more.... Actually, I'm sure you're fine. Just as long as you don't run out of Mount Gay!

Hope all's well.

Ad

Mon Oct 24, 06:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Drew! I got my plane ticket to St.Kitts and I lay over in San Juan Puerto Rico. I was hoping it was going to be Jamaica. I leave December 30th. If you ever wanna come visit St.Kitts just let me know. I posted pics of my apartment and island info on my website. www.c-turtles.com/heather Have fun in Jamaica and good luck with all that poo.

Tue Oct 25, 10:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home