Thursday, December 01, 2005

Back to the blog

Hi all,

It seems whatever issues I was having with uploading images are resolved for now. Onward and upward. So after 2 months, what to say... a synopsis is in order. Went cliff jumping in Negril, served an ace as part of the MoBay team that came in second in a volleyball tournament (non-competitive league, of course!), was an extra in a commercial spot riding horseback, had a crazy roadtrip to Portland for a Halloween party, toured several wastewater treatment facilities (sorry Sparticus, more poo & no more dreads... for now :), and ate Thanksgiving dinner at our program & training officer's place at midnight. Rather than cover this entry with pictures of too many events, I'm just gonna put up this one of me & my Halloween costume. The costume was just a little facepaint job that one of my friends did, but there was this huge thunderstorm that I just had to run out in & the pic came out pretty sweet.














I've settled into my life here pretty well now. The budget they give us to live on hasn't stretched for a full month yet, but that's mostly because it's expensive to eat out and go out. But I'm starting to figure that out. I am using my culinary skills to get to know several of my neighbors and that seems to be a good way of integrating into the community.

I included my address in my first entry, and I'll leave my cell phone # here too. It's 876-470-1825. It's dialed just as you'd dial a US number, but beware the charges are high.

Peace from Jamaica,
Drew

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, how's the caribbean treating you! its doing me good! I wanna maybe come visit jamaica with some of my vet friends from the tiny island down here in June or one of our midsemester breaks (which are only 3 days long-we get a monday off) Let me know what airlines they use there and what you think...could you and jennie get anytime off for a day or two? Miss you guys and all of the Houghton splendors. By the way, feel free to visit me...I get plenty of time to go to the beach bars!!

Wed Mar 01, 05:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home