Sunday, May 28, 2006

Back in the US

Jenny and I rounded out our trip in Europe with visits to London, England and Edinburgh, Scotland. Our time was limited but we did a pretty good job of covering it. We did one of those open-air double-decker bus tours - yep, those ones I laugh at the tourists all doing. Cheesy, yes. Fun, definitely. We got to see a lot of London and learn some trivia I’ve now forgotten with minimal effort. In Edinburgh we did our own thing through Edinburgh Castle and the amazing botanical gardens. Her friend Lily from Bulgaria and boyfriend Patrick from Germany took us on a ghost walk through Edinburgh’s infamous underground city. It wasn’t the fright show they advertised but it did end with some drinks at a cool pub. And not to be forgotten, the pubs! How I have missed them in Jamaica so. And so… I definitely indulged in some great English and Scottish pints throughout the rest of that week. We ended the trip in a fancy shmancy room courtesy of hotel points acquired during my former consulting days and splurged on a sushi dinner! I’m uploading pics now & will put up the link on my next post.

I have spent this past week chillin with the fam back in the US (as much as chillin gets with my fam ;). I’m heading to the Big Apple today to hang with my friend Newman and then back to JamRock. I’ll check back again from the Caribbean.

Peace from Montoursville,
Drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home